WELCOME!

Welcome to Room 103's blog - home of Deba's Darlings! We hope you enjoy our updates.















Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Vacation Weeks 5 & 6

Oh my goodness!  Where does time go?!  I know I keep saying it, but this summer has been crazy busy and FUN!  After my parents and niece left (almost two weeks ago now), I cleaned the house again so it was ready for the pet/house sitter and our trip to Vail.  On July 10th, we headed up to Vail for my husband Joe's annual summer work conference.  Sunday night was the pot luck and it was so nice to catch up with the people and clients that my husband works with.  While my husband was working during the day, I strolled through the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens (they are absolutely beautiful), walked along Gore Creek, napped, shopped, and even found time to order nametags for the desks at school.  Monday and Tuesday evenings brought great dinners with my husband, his colleagues, and their clients.  Wednesday morning we got up and had a wonderful breakfast at the Westside Cafe in Vail, did some shopping at the Silverthorn outlet mall, stopped at Beau Jo's for pizza, and headed home.  It was absolutely gorgeous in Vail.  The ski run outside our room at the Manor Vail Lodge even had spots of snow still on it and Gore Creek was running high and fast!  I enjoy the mountains and seeing the ski runs always makes me excited for ski season! 
 The view from our room!
Gore Creek running high and fast!

After we got home from Vail it was finally time to take a deep breath and relax - our summer whirlwind was finally coming to an end.  It's been nice to have a few mornings to sleep in too!  Our garden is flourishing as well and it's been so exciting to harvest peas and carrots.  For being complete city slickers our garden is doing quite well.  The picture below is of our garde on July 13th.  It has changed dramatically in the last week!
 

Now I've been focusing on school.  Thanks to my husband's help, my new classroom is finally starting to look like a classroom and feel like home.  Can you believe school starts in a week and a half?!  Enjoy the rest of your summer and stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment