WELCOME!

Welcome to Room 103's blog - home of Deba's Darlings! We hope you enjoy our updates.















Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer Vacation Week 4

Well, my summer vacation has been crazy!  After getting home from Wisconsin last week Tuesday, it was time to do loads of laundry, get the house cleaned up, and run all sorts of errands before my parents arrival.  On Saturday, my parents arrived along with my 6 year old niece and their yellow lab, Marley.  Our house was full and our poor cat did not move from under our bed until all doors where closed and the guests were all tucked away in bed for the night!  When they arrived Saturday, we invited my sister-in-law, niece, and nephew over for a BBQ.  My husband made applewood smoked chicken on the Weber charcoal grill.  It was delicious!  After dinner, we began with some pre-fireworks - poppers, smoke bombs, and sparklers.  When it was finally dark, we did the rest of the fireworks.  My nieces and nephew loved them!  Sunday brought another great day with church, pool time, and another BBQ.  On Monday, the 4th, we decided to head up to Rocky Mountain National Park.  We stopped at the McDonald's in Estes Park for lunch and chocolate from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for dessert!  We stopped many times on our way to the summit of RMNP to check out elk and all the snow.  That certainly was the most snow I've ever seen at this point in the summer in the mountains.  The run-off in places was a sight to behold - all sorts of mini waterfalls.  My niece and I threw snowballs at my husband and my niece wrote her name in the snow.  At the summit, we looked around and did some shopping.  On our way home, we saw a mama moose and we got stuck in traffic on I-70 due to a fruit truck that had rolled earlier in the day.  Thank goodness for my friend Cindy.  We realized just how long our dogs where home alone and she was able to let all 3 dogs out for us!  When we got home, we quickly fed our dogs, played with them and took off again for 4th of July fireworks.  Flat Acres Farm (where we have our garden) was providing public parking on their property to watch the Parker fireworks and since we have a garden plot with them, we got to park free!  We met my sister-in-law, niece, and nephew there to watch the fireworks.  Talk about an amazing unobstructed view.  Parker's fireworks were fantastic!  The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo was on the schedule for Tuesday.  My parents, niece, and I went and had a blast feeding the giraffes!  They sure are cute!  However, my niece had more fun on the sky ride.  Tuesday night, we went out for Mexican at Hacienda.  On Wednesday, I took my mom and niece to school to see where my new classroom is and to show them around school.  My niece played on the playground and then we went back to the pool for a bit.  My husband and I also celebrated our 10 year anniversary!!  We all went to The Melting Pot to celebrate Wednesday night.  For my niece the chocolate fondue at the end of our meal was the highlight.  We even had to ask for more marshmallows and our server brought a whole big plate of them!  It was such a great time.  Thursday morning, we went out for breakfast and my parents began their 2-day drive back to Wisconsin.  After I got home from breakfast, I got the house all cleaned back up.

During my parent's visit, there were many trips to water our garden.  My parents were impressed!  We even have vegetables growing - peas and chilis!  On Sunday, we head up to Vail for a few days.  My husband has his summer work conference there.  Our pet sitter is all ready to hang out with the critters.  Thunder absolutely loves her!  Again, I hope all of you are enjoying your summer!  I am looking forward to finally getting some extra sleep after getting back from Vail next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment